Imperial: 10.5 ins x 8.5 ins
Metric: 26.5 cm x 21.5 cm
A lovely condiment or spice tray, which originally would have had five small lidded containers.
This view of Guys Cliffe is taken from Vol III of The Antiquarian and Topographical Cabinet by Storer and Greig, published 1808. Guy's Cliffe is a hamlet in the civil parish of Leek Wootton and Guy's Cliffe just outside Warwick. The Cliffe is a sandstone outcrop, which overlooks the River Avon, named after the 10th Century Guy of Warwick, who lived the life of a penitent in a cave in the Cliffe. Samuel Greatheed, MP for Coventry, bought the estate in 1751 and built a house in the Palladian style. His son Bertie extended the house in the early 1800s. It passed by descent into the Heber-Percy family, who sold it in 1946. During the 1950s the house began a slide into dereliction and today is a ruin.
The house and its setting are depicted in beautiful detail on the stand and the border consists of vignettes of the house and grounds.
Light all over crazing with some discolouration.
Click here to search for similar
||Lovers of Blue & White
Steeple Morden, Royston, SG8 0RN, England
01763 853 800
011 44 1763 853 800
+44 1763 853 800
||01763 853 700
||011 44 1763 853 700
||+44 1763 853 700
Website and all content copyright © 2000-2022 Lovers Ltd trading as Lovers of Blue & White.